Ok so we are loving this warm weather, even if the sun isn't shining, but what to eat you ask?
Team Arbutus have compiled a few little simple, healthy salad recipes for you to try and indulge in. We often use these salad recipes at different events to accompany starters and main courses.
1. Spicy Carrot Salad: Microwave grated carrots and minced garlic in 1/4 cup water until crisp-tender. Drain; toss with lemon juice, olive oil, salt, red pepper flakes and parsley.
2. Asian Apple Slaw: Mix rice vinegar and lime juice with salt, sugar and fish sauce. Toss with julienned jicama and apple, chopped scallions and mint.
3. Tomato-Peach Salad: Toss tomato and peach wedges with red onion slices. Drizzle with cider vinegar and olive oil; season with sugar, salt and pepper.
4. Creole Green Beans: Combine blanched thin green beans and red onion slices. Toss with Creole mustard, red wine vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper.
5. Herb Salad: Whisk 1 part lemon juice with 3 parts olive oil, and salt and pepper. Toss with dill, basil, chives, tarragon and lettuce.
6. Squash and Orzo Salad: Sauté zucchini, yellow squash and scallions in olive oil until tender. Toss with cooked orzo, parsley, dill, goat cheese, salt and pepper.
7. Champagne Greens: Whisk 1 part champagne vinegar with 3 parts olive oil, and salt and pepper. Toss with Boston lettuce.
8. Watercress-Fruit Salad: Toss peach wedges and watermelon cubes with watercress. Drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice; season with salt and pepper.
9. Caesar Salad: Purée minced garlic and anchovies, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and 1 egg yolk; with machine running, slowly add 1/4 cup olive oil. Toss with romaine; top with Parmesan and croutons.
10. Hearty Tuna Salad: Mix cannellini beans, capers, pickled mushrooms, celery and olives; stir in mustard, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Toss with cherry tomatoes and oil-packed tuna.
11. Southwestern Cobb: Purée equal parts mayo and buttermilk with hot sauce, cilantro, scallion, orange zest, garlic and salt. Drizzle over romaine, diced avocado and jicama, orange segments and crumbly sharp cheese.
To find out more about our catering services please contact our professional team on 07818 673339.