So we are now into mid January and you may have encountered a few situations where you have struggled with your New Years healthy eating plan.
When dining our with friends and family it can be very difficult not to be tempted into overload eating or indulging on a chocolate fudge cake.
So here we have complied a few tips to help you along when you are dining out
- Avoid snacking on bread and nibbles before your main meal arrives
- Ask for sauces to be served separately so you can eat less
- Bulk up your meal with a side order of low-calorie steamed vegetables
- Go for the grilled options instead of pan fried
- Share one dessert between two (yes, we know this may be a hard one to come to terms with)
- Instead of having ice cream or cream with your dessert, ask for fruit purée or plain yoghurt
- Drink plenty of water before and during your meal
- Order your meal before everyone else so they won't tempt you into something you know will make you feel guilty later
- Skip dessert and order a tea or coffee instead
- Order soup or a salad before your main course
There we have it. Follow these simple tips and you are well on your way to enjoying a night out with family and friends, but still able to stick to the "New Year, New Me" plan.
Love Team Arbutus