It's SUMMER, which means it’s time to mix yourself up a cool cocktail filled with ice to stave off the sweat.
Do you need a drink that transports you to a shaded veranda overlooking the ocean, or a rooftop patio as the sun sets? Sounds nice, right? So here at the Arbutus, we have devised the top summer cocktails to keep you refreshed this summer.
Join us in our Luxury Glass Marquee overlooking the River Bann and enjoy our signature cocktails. They are divine!
• 2 oz. white rum • 1/2 tsp. superfine sugar • 1/2 oz. lime juice
Squeeze the lime into your shaker, stir in the sugar, and then add the rum. Shake well with cracked ice, then strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Add some berries for a fruity twist.
• 2 oz. white rum • .5 oz. French vermouth • 1 oz. pineapple juice • 1 dash grenadine
Shake ingredients well with cracked ice, then strain into a chilled cocktail glass…ahhh mouthwateringly good!
• 2 oz. silver tequila • 1 oz. Cointreau • 1 oz. lime juice • coarse salt
Chill a cocktail glass, and then rub its rim with lime juice and dip it in coarse salt. Add tequila, Cointreau, lime juice, and ice together in a cocktail shaker. Shake and then strain into the glass over ice.
• 2 oz. white rum • .5 oz. lime juice (squeezed fresh) • 1 tsp. superfine sugar • 3 mint leaves and club soda
In a smallish Collins glass, muddle lime juice with 1/2 to 1 tsp. superfine sugar. Add the mint leaves, mushing them against the side of the glass. Fill glass 2/3 with cracked ice and pour in the rum. Pitch in the squeezed-out lime shell and top off with club soda.
Sour-Cherry Gin Smash
• 2 oz. gin • 6 sour cherries • 1 sugar cube • .5 oz. fresh lime juice • ginger ale • 1 lime wedge
In a cocktail shaker, combine the cherries and the sugar cube. Muddle until the sugar is broken down. Add the lime juice and gin, and then shake. Strain into a Collins glass filled with ice. Top with a splash of ginger ale and garnish with a lime wedge.
The Raspberry Gin Rickey
• 1.5 oz. gin • 4 oz. club soda • 2 tbsp. simple syrup • fresh raspberries • 2 tbsp. lime juice
Muddle two raspberries in the bottom of a highball glass. Add the rest of the ingredients together with ice. Garnish with a lime slice and more raspberries…can you tell we love gin?
Arbutus at The Crannagh located between Coleraine and Portstewart and enjoy wonderful views of the River Bann while we cook you up one of our tasty dishes.